cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Glass Pitcher

Inherited from Grandmother. Know nothing about it. No markings, at least that I can see.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Cut Glass Pitcher

I suspect it to be Bohemian or Czech in origin. They made lovely glass.

There is a glass and pottery group but I do not know where it is at. I can't find anything around here anymore.

It is a lovely piece BTW!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Cut Glass Pitcher

I agree with the other responder. I think this is a Bohemian/Czech Amber Gold Glass "Cut to Clear" Pitcher. The amber/gold glass items I see online are less common than ruby or cobalt.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Cut Glass Pitcher

One of the cobalt blue pitchers I found on line uses the words: "Grapes Star Fan Pattern Stunning Bohemian or Czech cobalt blue cut to clear pitcher has a grape with star and fan design." to describe their pitcher.  Yours seems to have the same design as that blue one. I noticed that the prices are all over the place for this type of pitcher. The sellers who give a maker's name seem to have that info because there is a sticker on the piece that the manufacturer put there (!)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Cut Glass Pitcher

@bnbsellingtime wrote:

There is a glass and pottery group but I do not know where it is at. I can't find anything around here anymore.

A very active. board.  Navigate this way:  Groups >  eBay Categories >  Pottery & Glass >  Pottery, Glass & Porcelain

Direct Link:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Pottery-Glass-Porcelain/bd-p/275

Message 5 of 5
latest reply