cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chandeliers

My aunt has these chandeliers that she wants me to sell for her.  I know nothing about them.  Any suggestions on value or any input you can give would be great.  IMG_5059.JPGResized_20210407_164426.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Chandeliers

I woud nt sell these on ebay untill you now what the shipping is going to be

they look like they will cost more to ship than they are worth.do you have a box for it
sell them locally

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Chandeliers

It looks like it would be described as "wrought iron chandelier with crystal accents," so I tried that in a search on Completed Listings and got this:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=wrought+iron+chandelier+crystal+accents&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat...

You should also search Completed Listings with terms such as "Country French," "French Farmhouse," "Shabby Chic," and so on.

But, as 1tuna notes, packing and shipping is going to be a bear, and not cheap. Each crystal must be removed and wrapped separately.  Yards of wrap must be wound around every bit of the thing itself. The whole should then be double-boxed. So think carefully to decide if it's worth your while to list these on eBay.

-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Chandeliers

Sell it as a "local pickup only". There are so many things that can go wrong with items like this. You can also bet the buyer will go over it with a fine-tooth comb and if they find any flaws/chips that you may miss in the crystals, they can return it. I saw one with a shipping cost of $85, if they return it who will pay that addl return shipping cost?  When they return it will they re-wrap it with the same care as you wrapped with?

You must have a consignment shop or antique shop in your area, right?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply