cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUBBLE YUM METRIC CONVERTER CARDS??

I have attached photos of some old Bubble Yum Metric Converter Cards I found at an estate sale. Looks like they are dated 1979 (Life Savers Inc). Would anyone by chance have any info on these? I know the original owners of the home were teachers so I am guessing they may have come out of some kind of educational kit or materials. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

BUBBLE YUM METRIC CONVERTER CARDS??

In 1975 Bubble Yum (by Lifesaver’s), was the  first soft bubble gum to hit the market and became the number one seller in three months beating out Bazooka Joe. BJ had comics in their wrapper. I'm guessing these were just an added entertainment, like the facts inside of a Snapple cap. They may have been send-aways?

I believe these are the size of the boxes that the 6-packs came in. They may have been part of the box or were inserted into the multi-packs. It looks like there were slide cards, with the answers like the state bird etc for each state.

It would be terribley ironic for a teacher to purchase an educational kit that contained bubble gum. It's more likely to see them as part of the contraband she collected from students on a daily basis.

It would be either ingenious or utterly stupid to try to sell bubble gum in a kit to grade school teachers under the guise of 'education', the ultimate Trojan Horse.

But since they kept so many, it is possible they were collected as part of a class project, like flash cards or some such. Or perhaps for the students to copy and creat their own flash cards?

A collector of 70s children's memorabilia would like these and they would be great for the scrapbooker decorating kids photos from the 70s. I would think any with the answer sheet intact would be more desirable. People who also collect old candy wrappers, would want them.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply