cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist identification and info ?

Hello, just wanting to see if anyone has an idea what this might be? I have googled the image and down lost of searches but no information. I have found very similar paintings with monogram close but not exact. The ones that are similar just say 19th century painting. I am curious if this was a common picture to paint? It looks like it is signed EHW. I appreciate any suggestions or help. Thank you! 

3469BC9D-E18A-450C-A1D9-AD38598B5659.jpeg

D6C11BD4-D0BE-47B6-B647-DC4509038DA5.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You may have seen this painting in your searches of "Little Grace" by Grace Johnson Adams.  Assuming the description and identification is accurate, you have a reproduction of Adams' original painting.  And yes it does seem to be a popular image to copy.    It looks like yours may be a graphite drawing.

The description on the Ontonagon County Museum website - https://ontonagonmuseum.org/object-gallery/ is:  

Little Grace, an 1885 watercolor painting by Grace Adams, is one of the few surviving works by Grace Johnson Adams who lived in Ontonagon in the late 19th century.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You may have seen this painting in your searches of "Little Grace" by Grace Johnson Adams.  Assuming the description and identification is accurate, you have a reproduction of Adams' original painting.  And yes it does seem to be a popular image to copy.    It looks like yours may be a graphite drawing.

The description on the Ontonagon County Museum website - https://ontonagonmuseum.org/object-gallery/ is:  

Little Grace, an 1885 watercolor painting by Grace Adams, is one of the few surviving works by Grace Johnson Adams who lived in Ontonagon in the late 19th century.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes you are right, her name did appear in several image searches. This information helps make sense to connect some questions I had. Thank you so much! 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You're welcome. Just to add,  I don't think the artist of your copy would be of any significance.

Rita

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes that is what I was thinking too. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply