cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these of any value? or do I gift them?

Unknown3.jpegUnknown4.jpegUnknown5.jpegUnknown7.jpegUnknown8.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They were identified for you in your first thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/Nesting-Dolls/m-p/33427440#M153005

It is a nice, and rather unusual set, older, and this is certainly the season for them since The Nutcracker Suite is a Christmas classic.  Some research on sets of this quality and age will give you an idea of value.  They are definitely worth listing for sale.

-

-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Maxine for your time. I have researched for hours I cannot find anything else like them. Do you have an idea of the age? thank you again for your time.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I don't think you can expect to find an exact match. All you can do is look for comparables.   Sometimes you just have to wing it:  Find the nearest comparable, price yours well above that, wait to see if it finds a buyer; if it doesn't, relist at a lower price.

I'm sorry but I cannot tell you when the set was made, only that it has some age on it.

I can tell what I found using Lexilogos, which I recommended to you:
Щелкунцик  =  Nutcracker
ФИЩУК  =  Fishchuk (and that is the Russian surname of, I assume, the artist)

This is doubtless significant, but I do not know what it is:Unknown7.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The set of 10 Russian, post Soviet edition matrioshkas dolls of opera Щелкунчик (Nutcracker) by Piotr Tchaikovsky made by woodwork or papier mache artel and handwork by artist Fishchuk.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It cannot be very cheap, but cannot be very expensive either, i think...

I cannot find similar set at google...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They would make a lovely gift to a ballet, music, or Christmas lover. How thoughtful of you. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply