cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 miniature clay musician. Where are they from and name under shoe pls ?

These 3 mini musicians are made of clay I think and I would like to know if anyone can tell me what country they are from. Also if anyone can make out what it says underneath theie shoes. Probably a makers mark. These measure approx 2-1/4" tall.DSC00219.JPGDSC00224.JPGDSC00221.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Maxine. I can always count on you for an answer 🙂 I will let this run for an other day however, maybe someone knows about the name on the soles of the shoes. There had been 5 of them and I dropped 2. Butter fingers me haha

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

These look like fairly typical Latin American touristy figurines. The instruments they are holding are typical of Latin American countries, as are the hats, sandals, and ponchos. The name is most likely a maker's mark just as you presumed. I've traveled to all seven continents and wish I could pin point more accurately for you, but seriously I see these types of figurines quite commonly in certain parts of the world. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

They represent Peruvian musicians, based on the hats, the sandals, and the instruments they're playing.

Whether or not they were made in Peru, I do not know but I'd think that's a good guess.

-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Maxine. I can always count on you for an answer 🙂 I will let this run for an other day however, maybe someone knows about the name on the soles of the shoes. There had been 5 of them and I dropped 2. Butter fingers me haha

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks much Lamber 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Self deleted

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply