cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Scammer: Seller changed listing description

Something completely annoying is happening to me at the moment. 15 years on ebay with 100% buyer/seller rating and I finally meet a scammer. 

Long story short: I find some video cards listed for a fair price, a bit below going price. I read the description and it says Used, possible floor models, shows signs of use etc etc etc... so assume the guy works for some store he got a bulk deal from. I proceed to purchase the card thinking I found a good deal. I then decide to look at the sellers other items. Turns out he's selling all high end cards. I then proceed to check the description in those and see he's just selling photographs of the video cards! (photo scam) 

I then proceed to politely ask the scammer to cancel my order if he's sending me a photo of the product because the description clearly stated "Used floor model".  The seller denies the request and says I didn't read the description after modifying the listing. (Apparently modifying the description after a sale is allowed if its a multiple listing). His revised description makes it clear he is trying to trick bots into purchasing the product, not humans. Apparently, he doesn't know sellers cannot be deceptive in any way. This takes the cake. As I recall, last Christmas Ebay took action against alot of sellers who used this same photo scam for the PS5. 

The photos of the product are in transit now.

Anyone ever deal with anything like this? I'm completely annoyed and have contacted support and said I cannot take action until the fraud arrives at my address. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question