cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller changed bid from free shipping to adding shipping charges after I won the bid (6.99)

Seller added shipping charges to an item I won on a bid after the bidding was over.  I no longer want the item. What should I do.  This seller apparently has done this to others in the past.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

seller changed bid from free shipping to adding shipping charges after I won the bid (6.99)

Do you mean they sent you an invoice that does not match the shipping terms on the listing?  Or they are asking you thru eBay messages? I'm not sure how they added shipping charges.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay software will not let a seller change a listing in any way once the listing is closed so I seriously doubt the seller changed it.

There have been reports in the past of items being shown on the phone app incorrectly with free shipping while viewing the item on a computer shows the correct shipping charge.   Perhaps that is what you are seeing?   What was the listing number?

At this point all you can do is message the seller and ask him to cancel the sale.   The seller is not required to but he may anyway.   If he doesn't cancel your choices are to either pay anyway or else not pay and take the non-payer strike on your account.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply