cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is good advice for overseas friends - what does it involve to sell through Ebay?

I'm asking for advice for my overseas friends (whom I know through Facebook), on the subject of what is involved in selling through Ebay.    I have some friends in Africa, and a friend in Pakistan, who are all looking for ways to earn an income.   Does it immediately cost to sell on Ebay?   Or does it only cost something whenever one gets a buyer?    Can shipping cost be paid through purchases of buyers - do buyers pay enough to cover cost of shipping, so that shipper is sure to have enough money to cover the shipping cost?   I have several friends in Africa.  I know there are Ebay groups there too.  But are they trustworthy, do you know?   I saw one Ebay site for Africa said that a seller must tell Ebay their credit card information before they can sell.  Are they supposed to request that?   What is the rule on that for Ebay sellers here in the USA?   Africa is a poor country, so I know there's greater danger of fraud there, as compared to here in the USA.   Can sellers avoid the cost of inventory by waiting until or unless they get some orders, before getting the requested items from stores in their location for the purpose of shipping them to buyers?   Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

What is good advice for overseas friends - what does it involve to sell through Ebay?

all these questions can be answered by reading ebay help...also Africa is not a country, it's a continent

Message 2 of 2
latest reply