cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuflex? Softflex? or Beadalon?

silvermiststudios
Enthusiast
What is everyone's preference and why? I have always used Beadalon and never had a problem with it... but then again I have nothing to compare it to. So I was wondering if I am missing out on anything?
Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Hi, Misty. I started out using Beadalon but found I preferred 49 strand AccuFlex because of flexibility and I think I got it cheaper in quantity. I used SoftFlex when I wanted to use gold. I haven't used much since I switched to buying sterling, fine silver or gold filled wire in bulk. Email your address to me and I'll send you a couple feet to sample. 😄
Message 2 of 125
latest reply

Most definitely Softlfex or Softtouch 🙂 The "kink" factor is almost non existent and the beads lay/drape perfectly.

The more things change, the more they stay insane.
Message 3 of 125
latest reply

I swear by soft flex! I had such a hard time with my conscience over selling inferior wire that I stopped selling everything BUT soft flex! If you have not tried it then you are missing out! I mainly just straight string - but you can wad up a soft flex piece and pick it up and never even know it got wadded up. It makes a piece that will LAST - I think I said enough! the .014 size (actual diameter) is good for light weight beads and it's the most popular size because it's less expensive ~ the .019 is good for most things - but if you use seed beads it may not drape as well as the .014 ~ the .024 is good for stone or large beads. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4924768096&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 there is more in my store ~ hope this helps ~ PK
Message 4 of 125
latest reply

Thanks for starting this thread! I just switched to soft flex because I heard from so many others that it is the best! I'm interested in opinions on all stringing wire. Cathy
Message 5 of 125
latest reply

silvermiststudios
Enthusiast
Thanks so far on the feedback guys! Well I must admit, I am really torn between Accuflex vs. Softflex. I have heard from MANY more users of Softflex and there have been good results. I heard a few times that there is little difference in Softflex and Beadalon except for price. Then I heard from one lady that she had used all three and she has had ZERO repairs/breaking using Accuflex. The reason I started this is... I have begun to question Beadalon's durability... A customer (that is also a friend of a friend) had a lampwork charm bracelet I made her. She "says" it broke when she was putting on a sweater ??? Well it broke right in the middle of the wire ??? NOT where it is fastened with a crimp or anything. This has confused me because my Dad took the Beadalon 49 strand wire and pulled it as hard as he could and it didn't break. Any harder and he would have cut his hands. It has a 26lb break supposedly. If this is true then that must have been some heavy duty sweater! So it makes me question the length of durability on Beadalon wire. She has only had it about 4 months.
Message 6 of 125
latest reply

nono-badkitty
Enthusiast
Misty, I've used all three and had problems with Beadalon breaking, but only wire I've bought in the past year...older stuff is still fine ? don't know what's up with that. I liked Accuflex til I tried Softflex and like Bubba said, it just doesn't kink. It's wonderful! I haven't had any problems with it breaking, even on keychains. I have had Beadalon wear in-two on keychains. Of course they were probably well used/abused too. Make sure you use the appropriate size wire for the weight of your beads and the application, too. Best thing I could say would be try them all and see what you like...:)
Sandi

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk?? A Einstein
Message 7 of 125
latest reply

4605_enterprises
Enthusiast
ooh, I loooove the gold soft flex, but it's spendy. has anyone tried the silver plated?? Sarah
Message 8 of 125
latest reply

1b_poplar
Enthusiast
I never use Beadalon anymore because of the breakage. When I first started selling my jewelry, I had about 20% returns. Since I switched to Softflex, I have ZERO returns. Also, the beadalon kinks and I just hate when that happens. Just my 2-cents worth! Amy
Message 9 of 125
latest reply

beccab1971
Enthusiast
I don't use beading wire...I use this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31726&item=8129727765 it's affordable and strong doesn't kink and is translucent so it doesn't show through transparent beads. Am I the only one who has used it?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Click for a slide show of my work!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/beccaboo71/?action=view¤t=ebb929a4.pbw
Message 10 of 125
latest reply

cmkodai_1
Enthusiast
Hi, been a while since I have posted. Doesn't it make a difference depending on whether it is 49 strand or 7 strand? None of you mention which you are using when you say you have had problems? Or those of you who comment on the kink factor. I would be curious. Cyndi
Message 11 of 125
latest reply

use 49 strand most of the time...and love it of soft flex or soft touch... the beadalon is what I also have had trouble with...
elise
~a controlled pyromaniac ~

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain"
Message 12 of 125
latest reply

nono-badkitty
Enthusiast
oops, sorry, definitely should have specified. The problems I've had are with the 49 strand Beadalon, the .024 and .018...It seems like it's not made the same as it used to be or something ??
Sandi

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk?? A Einstein
Message 13 of 125
latest reply

I use .024 (49 strand), .019 (49 strand), .014 (21 strand), and .010 (7 strand) Soft Touch and/or Soft Flex.

The more things change, the more they stay insane.
Message 14 of 125
latest reply

Wow, I have been using Beadalon for quite a few years now and have never had a problem with it! Wonder why others have had problems? Most of the beads I string are pretty heavy too!
Message 15 of 125
latest reply