cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller wants to refund after item sells.

selling-it-all
Pathfinder

I need your help.

Here are the specifics:  I won the auction. The seller attempted to send the item BUT the package went to another state ( California) based on the tracking number the seller provided and is on its way back. I finally reached a live person at USPS  and was told that my address was incorrect on the package.   My mailing address is correctly on file with eBay.  The seller accidentally or intentionally mislabelled my address.

I notified eBay that I had not received the package yet.   I did not request a refund or cancellation, only I had not received the item yet. 

The seller intends to refund my money and repost the the item.    I need the item and still want the item.

Can the seller cancel and refund the money, even though the package is still in transit back to the seller or a return delivery to the sellers address?

Are there any steps I can take to ensure the seller can't change his mind and require him to mail the package I purchased?

The seller and I have had pleasant emails back and forth but I am informed the he plans to refund my money after a specific date.  If I want the item, I will have to go to auction process again.

Any help you all can provide would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

seller wants to refund after item sells.

No the seller does not have to reship to you. Ebay only requires a refund if the seller was wrong. If the item is relisted then perhaps you can purchase it again..making sure the address you provide when you pay is correct.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply