cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller has overcharged shipping costs

seller overstated size and weight of item.  Buyer paid $20 for shipping.  Sellers only option seems to be to purchase a $20 label when a $8 label would ship the item.  How to fix this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@captnemo26 

I assume this is the sander?  If the weight was wrong, change the weight and the cost of the label will automatically adjust.

If the $8 is using a different service, make sure that is OK with your buyer before changing it. Some buyers have very strong feelings about fedex vs usps, etc. If they agree, click see all services on the label purchase page and you should see the other options.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I over-stated the size and weight of the item.  I received $20 for payment.  If I purchase a shipping label from Ebay they will print a $20 label.  The package can be shipped for $8.  If I ship it using a $8 label which I would pay for with personal funds, what happens to the $20 shipping credit that Ebay still has?  Bob

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@captnemo26 

The shipping paid by the buyer is part of the payment in your payment account. The buyer pays you, you buy the label.

After selecting print shipping label in your sold orders, change the weight and dimensions before you actually  print the label. If you do not see the boxes for weight and dimensions, see if there is an ‘advanced’ button. Click there to display the missing boxes.

After purchasing the correct label, it would be in good taste to refund a portion of the overpayment to your buyer. You can do this in your list of sold items - select send refund next to that order.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply