cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reported fraudulent buyer, no response from eBay, rude customer service

After being hung up on by an eBay rep (after requesting her manager), I’m turning to this forum for any insights: 

Two-ish weeks ago, a buyer requested a return on a laptop that I sold to them. The return was confirmed, and I awaited the tracking. The days passed, with zero communication from the buyer and no update to the shipment. I then reported the buyer (assuming a scam). Though it has now been 10 days since I submitted the report, but nothing from eBay. 

So today, I set aside time to work through this. It took me 20 minutes to finally reach a human. I did this by using a different section of the ‘Help’ portal. As I was in a different department, I then asked to be transferred over to the correct department. Then the rep tried instructing me on the steps I needed to take via the website (that I already took). I informed her of this but she continued to interrupt. What made it worse is she seemed to not care at all about the potential fraud. Because of this I asked for a manager to better assist, which she then told me ‘no’ at first, and then after I pressed, she said ‘okay, yes. you will get a call back within 24 hours. have a great day, BYE’ and hung up on me. 

To put it in simple terms - I’m defeated and in need of help. Any insights are far more helpful than eBay’s customer service has been. 

Thank you, to anyone out there.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

reported fraudulent buyer, no response from eBay, rude customer service

I'm not sure why you are suspecting fraud. It sounds like the buyer decided not to return the item for a refund.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 2
latest reply