cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about new gemstone listing requirements

I am not sure where to find, or clarify to the Ebay department on the new gemstone requirements.   There is a new notice,

• Treated gemstones. If you list a natural stone that has been treated (e.g., dyed to enhance the color), you must state that the gemstone is “treated” in your listing title. You may not describe the stone as “enhanced.”

I am curious is this applies to the common heat treatment of many gemstones.  There are certain stones, such as aquamarine, that are routinely heat treated in the industry, it would be very rare to find one that is not.   Are these going to have to be indicated as such in title?  There are many other gems that are also heat treated , and/ or dyed as a general practice in the industry.  will all titles have this from now on?  seems a little weird if so. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The folks on the Jewelry board have probably already discussed this. In any case, you are sure to get responses there. Here is the link to that board:  Jewelry - The eBay Community

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, but not really, there are alot of comments, but not about the fact that some gems are routinely treated, and if would be pretty redundant to have to put that in the title.  I will just watch and see what falls out.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply