cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrectly opened return

This is just some kind of nonsense! I sold a part from a vacuum cleaner, The ad indicated that it was a part, That it was a base from a vacuum cleaner in huge letters, The title of the ad said the part number, The photographs showed only this part and nothing else. Some smart guy bought it and is now yelling that I thought it was a whole vacuum cleaner. He also opened a return by selecting the option that not all the details were sent to him and now I can only accept it by paying for the label! What should I do? Write to the support service? Because it's not fair!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@pantrymemory 

Faulty returns are part of selling online. You should accept the return, pay the shipping, refund when received and move on. If you ask eBay to decide, they will either say return for a refund or they will refund the buyer form your money and tell him to keep the part. Either way, your fees will not be refunded, and you get a defect (bad mark) for not resolving the problem. Fair? No, but that is how it works.

Many sellers take a few dollars from every sale and create a little fund to pay for these returns. Then they don’t hurt as much when they happen.

You can report the buyer for abusing the money back guarantee after you issue the refund, but that does not come with any compensation .

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The support service said that I filled out the ad correctly. Will they really accept this return automatically, despite their words?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@pantrymemory 

I would expect them to. 

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What does it mean to receive a defect or a failing grade? Please tell me)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pantrymemory 

There is nothing called a failing grade - perhaps you mean to be rated below standard? That would mean that you received more defects in one or more categories than allowed to be measured above standard.

Defects are a kind of mark of bad performance. You can receive a defect for not resolving a buyer’s claim, or for cancelling a transition for a fault of your own - not requested by the buyer.

You can see your performance on your dashboard. You are measured on the 20th of every month.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

You are also measured on late shipments and on tracking data, but those will not cause you to be rated below standard. They will keep you form being rated top rated.

You are allowed several or a % of defects before it affects your performance rating. You can see the criteria here - 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347&st=3&pos=1&query...

eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the help!

At the moment, I had no defects or problems, no one lied in their returns, and scammers wrote to me more than once, but they usually do not return the goods and, accordingly, do not receive money.
I'll see what happens next, now I've taken all possible options by informing the buyer about this. If they make a decision automatically, I will challenge it further.
The buyer is not at all adequate, he threatens me and writes nasty things. I suggested that he redo it 4 times, return it to the correct one and return the product to get his money. I also think that he will not return the product for anything.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply