cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback

I purchased an item from a seller, paid for it immediately, notified the seller both when I'd received it and had immediately left positive feedback for them yet despite repeated attempts the seller refuses to leave positive feedback for me; what can I do?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

feedback

Hi @nvkiddave   I'm a little late to this party, but I nonetheless wanted to respond to your post.  I'm with you.  A seller should have the customer service if not the courtesy to acknowledge their good customers with a little feedback.  Smaller sellers seem to be better at it.  Mega Sellers often have it on automatic the minute you pay.  I'm all for that.  It seems to be the mid-range sellers that have attitudes about it.  Check their feedback left for others before you buy, and if it's not current, none within the past month, find a different seller who values their customers. 

Yep.  I just checked your feedback received and it's all from mega-sellers and smaller sellers, with very little from sellers with mid-range feedback scores.  I won't buy from sellers who don't leave feedback.  If they can't be bothered to acknowledge their customers, I can't be bothered with them either.  I just figure that in case of a problem, they'll have adversarial attitudes.  Who needs it.  Good luck! 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

feedback

Hi @nvkiddave 

Nothing, the Feedback system is sadly biased.  In 2008 eBay stopped letting Sellers leave Neutral or Negative for Buyers.  Buyers ALL have 100% Positive Feedback ... are they all perfect as their Feedback score indicates?  No.

The Seller sold you an item, Feedback is voluntary and never a required part of a transaction.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

feedback

There is nothing to be done. Leaving feedback is entirely voluntary. No one is required to leave it. "Reminding" trading partners to leave feedback is irritating to most people (even once - multiple times could be considered harassment) ,and that may be why you didn't receive any. At any rate, if your seller chooses to leave feedback, he has 60 days to do so. Please stop sending messages.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

feedback

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to help me better understand this situation. I’ve been an eBayer since 2001 and have always looked forward to seeing feedback from a seller I’ve just bought from. You made good points and a different perspective that I’ve not thought of before.

Thank You!

Dave

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

feedback

Good afternoon Mr. Lincoln,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question; I appreciate it greatly!

I’ve been an eBayer since 2001 and have always tried to treat the sellers I buy from the way I’d want to be treated. That’s why I always send them a message when I have the item in hand (so they know it arrived safe and sound) and update their feedback to show my appreciation as well as to encourage other buyers to buy from them. I’ve earned my feedback rating by doing this.

This seller has been difficult to communicate with even before I bought from them, but I “wrote it off “ to begin a quirk and bought the atlas anyway. I guess I’m just an old “giddy-dutty “ by expecting this seller to show appreciation for the business. Oh well, as the young folks say, it is what it is.

Thank you again for your time and perspective!

Dave

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

feedback

@nvkiddave 

< the seller refuses to leave positive feedback for me >    

Just an observation.  Your ratio of received to given is 647/666 = 97%.  That's the highest ratio I've ever seen, for feedbacks in the several hundreds.  The Guinness Book people might be interested.   

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

feedback

@nvkiddave 

You are more than welcome.  There could be a number of reasons that Seller has no interest in leaving Feedback for you ... but until they share them we will never know.  I leave FB for my customers no later than the day the item ships ... then it's done and I don't get eBay reminders about leaving FB.  In all the years of selling Buyer FB for my items has consistently been between 50% - 60% ... I don't ask for it, I don't put little notes in packages about it and I don't mention it on my listings like some Sellers do.  I happens naturally from the Buyer group that purchases in my categories.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

feedback

Hi @nvkiddave   I'm a little late to this party, but I nonetheless wanted to respond to your post.  I'm with you.  A seller should have the customer service if not the courtesy to acknowledge their good customers with a little feedback.  Smaller sellers seem to be better at it.  Mega Sellers often have it on automatic the minute you pay.  I'm all for that.  It seems to be the mid-range sellers that have attitudes about it.  Check their feedback left for others before you buy, and if it's not current, none within the past month, find a different seller who values their customers. 

Yep.  I just checked your feedback received and it's all from mega-sellers and smaller sellers, with very little from sellers with mid-range feedback scores.  I won't buy from sellers who don't leave feedback.  If they can't be bothered to acknowledge their customers, I can't be bothered with them either.  I just figure that in case of a problem, they'll have adversarial attitudes.  Who needs it.  Good luck! 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

feedback

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to respond to my “call for help “; I appreciate your time and comments very much!

I’ve been a buyer on eBay since 2001, have survived the many changes that the site has periodically made and have reached the point where it just doesn’t seem to be a buyer friendly place anymore. Unfortunately, many of the sellers I’ve dealt with for years tell me that from their perspective it isn’t seller friendly either and they have either given up or are close to it.

The other replies have been from sellers, with one telling me that sellers are required to only give 5 stars and positive feedback or none at all, while both emphasized that feedback is optional for both parties.

I’m in agreement with you that smaller sellers seem to feel they have “skin in the game” so try harder to make sure transactions are both good and positive for the buyer and themselves. I’ve always been happier with smaller sellers for that reason. You’re also correct that “big” sellers aren’t as sensitive to the process so the automatic response at time of purchase works well for them (and like you, that’s fine with me). Like you, I don’t do business with folks that don’t care!

Sorry the rant, you don’t deserve it and I do appreciate your honesty and support. Maybe our paths will cross again someday and we can do business together.

Take care, be safe and good luck building your business.

Dave

Message 9 of 9
latest reply