cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay message tracking number in use by another seller.

I buy my labels from pirate ship. when i input tracking info i got a message that the number is in use by another seller. when i checked the usps website it showed that it was just created in my zidcode. what to heck?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@carsnquilts   Pirateship should be automatically adding your tracking to your eBay listings.  You can link the accounts to do this.  Ask Pirateship CS chat for help to set that up and ask them about this weird tracking number issue.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This continues to happen and neither Pirate Ship or USPS are any help as the tracking numbers are valid and have gotten delivered. Ebay is impossible to get any answer from that a computer assistant can't answer. What a joke.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@carsnquilts. It's my understanding that this is only been a problem when manually uploading tracking from Pirateship.     Is that what you're doing? 

I recommend linking the accounts so it's automatic.   

You can talk to eBay customer service but I don't think they can do anything about this as the problem doesn't start on the eBay site. 

eBay agents are working from home so you have to request a call back or live chat.

1. CLICK THIS LINK:
https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

2. Request a call back

If you are located outside of US or Canada then you will need to use the Chat option or Social Media

3. Or you can also contact customer service by sending a PRIVATE message on social media. Customer service verifies your identity before responding.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I manually input my tracking numbers. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

, @carsnquilts.  Try linking the accounts and selecting import from eBay.    If you need help on linking steps I'm sure Pirateship would be able to help.   

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I linked them. I'll see if that helps in the future. Unfortunately linking them does nothing for items with labels already created. Since I don't sell much and have time. I didn't feel the need to link anything. It still sucks that companies force us to use the technology that they like. Whether we like it or not.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@carsnquilts. If you use eBay labels the price is the same, once in awhile Pirateship might be a bit less by 30 cents or so but that's rare.  

You can buy shipping labels wherever you wish.   

Message 8 of 8
latest reply