cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay removed item for policy violation

My item is a new resmed CPap hose does not require prescription and is not a machine but they said I violated policy I don’t think I did and there are others listed on ebay

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Cap systems and all of their parts are not allowed on eBay. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

eBay policy states the following (edited for clarity)

Medical devices that require a prescription can't be sold on eBay. Medical equipment that could be abused for unlawful means is also not permitted. Listings for items that are permitted must follow our policy.

Any medical device that requires a prescription can't be sold on eBay, including:

• Continuous Positive Airway Pressure machines (CPAP), along with masks, humidifiers, heated water chambers, and heated tubing

The reason this is restricted on eBay is because a CPAP is classified by the FDA as a Class II (moderate to high risk) medical device and users will need a prescription to buy or rent one

Source:(https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/10/19/2018-22840/medical-devices-anesthesiology-devic...)

Also you cannot relist the item, as you will be under ebay's radar

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So weird as many other sellers have them listed. They are replacement parts and no prescription is required the medical supply company auto sends replacements on a quarterly basis bills your insurance certain supplies are approved quarterly based on recommended times to replace with new ones

but whatever can’t fight eBay but I do feel it is misinterpreting the policy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply