cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay has reached a new low...flagged my listings selling steering wheels and restricted my account.

I received an email the other day from eBay stating that some of my listings were removed for not following product safety policy. The listings were for steering wheels. Airbags were not included and I was not advertising them. It was only steering wheels, the images only had steering wheels. Now my account is restricted and eBay is giving me the complete runaround trying to tell me that my listings were removed and account restricted because my items were recalled. This is completely false and the incompetency of eBay's agents and their lack of accountability and desire to help have ruined this service for me.

eBay's business strategy is untenable. They are already arbitrarily punishing sellers with extra final value fees and reduced the savings top rated sellers get to help make up for declining profits.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay has reached a new low...flagged my listings selling steering wheels and restricted my account.

Ebay's own user agreement states that ebay has the right to remove any listing or cancel any account for any reason..  Do not relist the items on ebay.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I understand the user agreement. However, let's say you know eBay's prohibited items policy and you list an item that does not fall under that category, in my case, steering wheels. You then get contacted by eBay stating that these listings not only violate the prohibited items policy-even though steering wheels are not listed in the policy-and on top of that eBay restricts your account for 10 days.

It's like you driving down the road and the speed limit sign says 45, but you get pulled over and given a ticket because you were doing 45. You ask the police officer why you are getting a ticket and they respond that the speed limit is 30. It's the same principle. eBay's own documentation and policies do not list steering wheels as prohibited. I was following eBay's selling policies yet I am being punished for it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply