cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay allows Seller to Cheat Buyer

In this case the Seller advertised an item which was supposed to fit a vehicle with specific year, make and model identified.  The item received was too small.  When contacted, the Seller said there were actually two versions of the item and they had sent the smaller while I needed the larger.  I requested a refund using the reason 'Incorrect Size; and the Seller canceled the refund request. eBay is claiming that 'Incorrect Size' is a 'remorse' reason even though the SELLER sent the wrong size and is refusing to help.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The correct reason to select is Not as Described.  Doesn't fit is considered a remorse reason and seller can decline the return.

If you paid with Paypal, file a case there as they allow up to 180 days from date of sale.  If you paid with a credit card, file a charge back with the card issuer.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

"Doesn't fit' is a very valid reason for return, not a 'remorse' issue for auto parts.  It did not occur to me that eBay would cheat the buyer when the seller obviously misrepresented his item. I have been defrauded both by the seller and by eBay, which is very much a surprise and disappointment after nearly 25 years of being a member.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ebay considers "Doesn't fit" as a buyer's remorse reason for almost all items.  However, ebay does have a Guaranteed Fit for auto parts, and when I did a search for Guaranteed Fit for auto parts, this is what I got:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 4
latest reply