cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Now Supports Fraudsters

I purchased an item from a seller on eBay.  I received a tracking number from the seller who sent the items through USPS.  I was notified that the items were delivered to me on a certain date.  When I checked outside my door, I found there were no items there.  This was late Friday evening.  So on the following Monday I went into my local USPS office and spoke with the person in charge of finding shipments. They found that the tracking number was an item that had been delivered to an address in my town but not my address. I also found that this same item only weighed 1.6 ounces.  The 3 items making up my shipment should have weighed at least 12 pounds.  It was quite obvious the tracking number I was given had nothing to do with the items I had purchased.  I reported all of this information to eBay, yet they paid this fraudster.  I don’t know who is responsible at eBay for this atrocity but this is inexcusable.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay Now Supports Fraudsters

Good advice for dealing with false tracking can be found in the marked solution to this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-tried-contacting-seller-i-tried-contacting-fedex-i-tried/m-p/...

What kind of feedback does your seller have?

You can avoid many fake tracking issues by choosing to only do business with experienced sellers that have a proven track record of delivering similar items as seen by examining the seller's feedback page, and by avoiding inexperienced sellers, sellers with patterns of negative feedback indicating serious problems, or sellers with large gaps in the selling history or recent drastic changes of seller behavior.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply