cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

demotion of seller status

My Seller Status was just demoted from 'best seller' to 'above average'.  The reason claimed "tracking uploaded late- no 'carrier scan' [ my dashboard reported 'tracking uploaded on time- but no carrier scan, 6.06%'] ". I got into a running query with eBay customer service but all three respondents skirted around any definition of their "carrier scan".  I checked with my Post Office but they had no idea either ...except that once  delivered a package is scanned as 'delivered' [which should have nothing to do with my performance or affect my status]. Do any of you know what eBay's reference to a 'carrier scan' might be?

ALSO: Is anyone else upset with the change in the "Fixed Price" option to stipulate 'Til sold or cancelled'?

Or am I just screaming at weather balloons...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The carrier scan is any scan while the package is traveling, including delivery to your buyer. I would go to your dashboard and open that section - see if there is a problem by checking the tracking on usps.com.  It is hard to believe you can have that many packages with no scans at all and not have a pile of not received claims or late shipments.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard

Fixed price was changed to all GTC quite a while ago.  I guess we're all used to it 🙂

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Fixed price listings have auto-renewed for over two years. Aren't you used to it yet? I'm GLAD they auto-relist. I don't need the extra work of manually doing it.

As for your metrics, the problem is you didn't receive a scan from your mail carrier or the post office at pick up or drop off (it's not related to the delivery scan).

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@inceptions 

Actually the section in question is any scan -

Tracking uploaded on time and validated (applies to eBay Top Rated Sellers only)
Transactions where you upload tracking details within your stated handling time, and the carrier scanned the shipping label either before or after your handling time, are on time and validated.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=3&pos=1&que...

The scan within handling time is used for to avoid the late shipment.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi @wooden_flower !

Yes, I probably wasn't very clear, but that was the section I was referring to. The OP's defects were apparently because there was no carrier scan to validate the shipments. The confusion was about the term "carrier scan" referring to the scan from USPS, UPS or FedEx, which it sounds like eBay couldn't define for the OP.

Inceptions

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@inceptions 

That's why I suggested checking usps.com - it looks like most of their items are media mail. I can't believe that many items with no scans at all.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@wooden_flower 

I just noticed that your first reply (which I am seeing for the first time now) was posted while I was composing my first reply. Now I understand why you questioned it. 😊

Inceptions

Message 7 of 7
latest reply