cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could anyone help with first time seller??

I recently put an item up for sale. Got a few questions from others about the item then an offer for full price plus shipping from another user. I accepted the offer, received a strange email from the buyer. "hello seller" that was it. I replied "hello buyer". no reply as of yet or payment. buyer has 100% rating but then received a message that I cant open because eBay auto messenger says its over 90 days old. The invoice is I believe  translated to German and the given address on the account is in the US. Something just seems off and I'm not sure what's what. Could someone please give me some insight or advice on what to do. I just wanted to sell this one item and that was it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is this the item?

Apple iPhone 6s - 32GB - gray (Unlocked) A1688 (CDMA + GSM) $40.00

It is still for sale.  It only ships to the USA, so perhaps your German buyer was trying to ask a question, but you do not ship internationally.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. This was not the item. Different item. I accepted a bid for full price, not to buy it now for the same amount. The buyer had a 100% rating. After accepting the offer, I then went and checked there profile which had a small paragraph about how they’ve been hacked previous on the site they had over 600 positive and to reach out to them at a phone number to set up shipping and billing. I was under the assumption that this was not how you’re supposed to do this. now my item is in limbo marked as sold, but the item has not been paid for. It’s been a total of almost 4 days now. Spoke to customer service. They told me to just wait maybe he’ll pay. I realize that I have made a mistake by not thoroughly investigating the buyers total account and read every bit of it, which will not happen again. But just wondering what happens now do I have to wait till the buyer decides to withdraw and I can relist the item? I thought I had read somewhere in the bylaws that they have a certain amount of time to pay or I can relist, but how do I do that without being detrimental to my account. Sorry about the confusion and again thank you for the reply previous. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply