cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

below standard

ebay continues to take extra money for below standard since last nov because i canceled a sale  how do you stop this  itys ridiculous

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

below standard

@50sept   It takes more than one defect to become below standard.    The two major Defects that really hurt a sellers account are canceling as out of stock AND cases closed without seller resolution where eBay had to step in and force a refund.  

You can check your dashboard here to see what areas you need to improve in>  

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

The rating is based on a % so you need to sell more, which I know can be hard when you're below standard.   What sellers do is sell items cheap at cost and even take a loss on items to dig themselves out of the hole.   Since it's based on number of sales and not $ amount any sales are good! 

I sold old DVD's I had laying around on penny auctions when I lost my Top Rated seller status due to a mistake I made with tracking.  I of course lost $ on the sales but it helped me move back up again.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

below standard

@50sept   It takes more than one defect to become below standard.    The two major Defects that really hurt a sellers account are canceling as out of stock AND cases closed without seller resolution where eBay had to step in and force a refund.  

You can check your dashboard here to see what areas you need to improve in>  

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

The rating is based on a % so you need to sell more, which I know can be hard when you're below standard.   What sellers do is sell items cheap at cost and even take a loss on items to dig themselves out of the hole.   Since it's based on number of sales and not $ amount any sales are good! 

I sold old DVD's I had laying around on penny auctions when I lost my Top Rated seller status due to a mistake I made with tracking.  I of course lost $ on the sales but it helped me move back up again.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

below standard

I, too, became a below standard seller years ago.  I ended up selling an item for $5 with free shipping.  It took several months, but I was finally able to get to above standard, when I was previously a top rated seller.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 3
latest reply