cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auctions

Somehow, somebody has been able bid up to my bid, and not go over it--this is probably not legal. A buyer has this concern.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

auctions

@savannahsmiles4u 

< somebody has been able bid up to my bid >    

One thing to consider is that if the item is worth N dollars to you, then it shouldn't be a surprise if it's worth the same amount to someone else.  What is the item number?   

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

auctions

I appreciate your reply.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

auctions

Hi @savannahsmiles4u 

Without an item #, we can't see the bid history, but most likely your competitor placed a max bid (probably for more than the showing high bid) and when you bid, eBay kept him in the lead because his bid was placed first.

Using eBay's automatic bidding is the best strategy to win more auctions. You bid once as late in the auction as you're comfortable with, you bid the absolute most you are willing to pay, and you let eBay keep you in the lead unless someone outbids your max. If they do, you won't be disappointed as that buyer is willing to pay more than the item is worth to you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bidding/automatic-bidding?id=4014&st=3&pos=1&query=Automatic%20bidd...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 4
latest reply