cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero feedback

So, it used to be that you could basically block anyone who didnt have any feedback or a number of negatives, however now you cannot.  Ive set my preferences to block anyone with the lowest amount of unpaid items but its not helpful.  Ive had more unpaid sales in the last year than ever and its time consuming and annoying to have to relist item’s because of bad buyers.  Anyone else have an issue with this more now than before?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Zero feedback

Hi @rsmoskun 

There never was a way to block zero-feedback buyers … only those with a negative Feedback Score.  [Buyers can no longer have a negative score, since they only can receive positive feedback.]

You can reduce the number of nonpayers by listing items as Buy it Now with Immediate Payment Required.

You also can require prepayment information before a buyer can bid or make an offer.  [See Buyer Requirements.]

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Zero feedback

@rsmoskun 

I'm not aware of ever being able to block zero-feedback Buyers. There is another box you can check in your Account Settings to require Buyers to have a payment method on file to make offers. Last fall, eBay starting requiring that most Buyers pay immediately if there was a Best Offer in a listing and the Seller accepted their offer. eBay has not expanded that to include Seller-generated offers. They are still working on getting immediate payment for auctions.

All this is something to consider when choosing the format for your listings. If you chose auctions, that will still leave the Seller open to nonpayments. Adding Best Offer to listings is your best bet.

Organizer: eBay Meetup Group: S.E. Michigan Online Sellers, Resellers and Thrifters eBay Etc
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Zero feedback

I specifically remember being able to state that bids would be acceptable only from buyers with a minimum number of feedback.  Not necessarily blocking zeros.  ALL of my nonpayments have been from buyers with zero feedback.  Ive done the preference for buyers with the minimum amount of unpaid items but thats not the best option either.  Ive done the immediate payment option as well.  My current practice is to block anyone whos not paid so I wont have to deal with them in future.  Its just very frustrating….. thanks for the input.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Zero feedback

No, sellers have never been able to block 0 FB buyers.  If they did, how would anyone get to buy?  We all started at 0. 

Many sellers do not issue strikes to buyer and that is the problem.  If every single seller would issue strikes to every non-paying buyer, the problem would quickly take care of itself.  Keep at it!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Zero feedback

@rsmoskun wrote:

I specifically remember being able to state that bids would be acceptable only from buyers with a minimum number of feedback.  Not necessarily blocking zeros.  ALL of my nonpayments have been from buyers with zero feedback.  Ive done the preference for buyers with the minimum amount of unpaid items but thats not the best option either.  Ive done the immediate payment option as well.  My current practice is to block anyone whos not paid so I wont have to deal with them in future.  Its just very frustrating….. thanks for the input.

The other posters are 100% correct. It has NEVER (ever) been possible to block “0” feedback buyers. 

I’ve been an active member since eBay was started (1996). 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 6 of 6
latest reply