cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why haven't I gotten a 1099k from ebay?

I have been trying to get a 1099 from ebay since the first of 2022. But its nowhere to be found. It just says no 1099 is available on ebay and I havent received anything in my email or by a carrier. I can make a report for 2021 but when you download the information it just opens a box and when you click open it disappears then the same box opens again. I've made a lot of reports in the past and never had a issue ike this. I have everything for my business taxes done except for having the 1099k I need to file my taxes. Am I the only one left out to dry here or is other people having the same issue. I hope I get it soon or my state taxes will be past due by the time I can file my federal. After i filed in 2021 for 2020 ebay had taken all of the state taxes out and remitted them to the state. But I ended up paying in over $200 in state taxes im guessing ebay forgot to remit. If that happens again ebay will need to explain why they took out the state tax but didn't pay it all. My tax professional said i shouldn't owe anything but for some reason the irs had another opinion about the matter. But no point in trying to recover the money because if the irs makes a mistake says you owe money you don't and you prove you were right. They will still hold you accountable for the fees you owe because of their mistake. If they say you owe 3 dollars and you prove you don't then they will still charge you a 67$ penalty fee for them not knowing you didn't owe it on time.  But anyway I just want my 1099k so I can start being taken advantage of and screwed around by the irs. Lets go brandon!!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For 2021 you only receive a 1099 if you have at least $20,000 in sales through the Managed Payments System.  If you were using PayPal for part of the year then these sales are not combined and PayPal would issue their own 1099 for what they collected.  In 2022 a 1099 will be issued for any sales total in excess of $600.

eBay only collects and remits sales taxes.  They do not have anything to do with your State income tax.  Your 1099 would have been for the total amount collected an you would have to deducted the sales tax from the total shown on the 1099.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did your 1099 have any tax information on it? Mine only had my sales and didn't give a amount of state tax collected and remitted by ebay. I had to run a sales report to get the tax information. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Your 1099k from eBay does not include any sales tax in the sales amounts, the way paypal included it in the ones they issued. The state tax that eBay collected was not state income tax - it was sales tax. eBay did not forget to remit anything.

The only sales tax info you should need is if you have to file a sales tax return with your state, if you are registered to collect and remit sales tax.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply