cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't Ebay treat accepted "Best Offers" as "Buy It Now" and require the immediate payment?

I sell for a 3 people and I'm so tired of buyers making an offer, I accept the offer then they don't pay and I'm stuck having to wait for the unpaid case, then having to relist the items.  

Case in point - I'm now going to have to relist the same item (an old Craftsman welding set) for the 3rd time after accepting offers.  The first buyer supposedly didn't realize I lived so far, he thought Smithtown, NY was closer to upstate NY or some nonsense.  The second and third buyers just didn't pay nor contact me and an unpaid case was opened.  I just filed the unpaid case on the third buyer yesterday so now I'm waiting for Ebay to let me know I can relist it.

Considering people have to check off that they understand that making an offer is binding that they're agreeing to pay that amount if the seller accepts it, why can't Ebay treat it like a Buy It Now where payment is immediate?  Either that or make the 'penalty' for ditching like this stricter?  Suspend the person's account or put a warning to the sellers they make offers to that the person had an unpaid case in the past?  At least then I wouldn't even bother accepting an offer from losers like that.

It's just very frustrating and unfair to sellers. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)