cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who at eBay decided it was a grand idea to close an unsolved case after a set number of days?

Despite the case in question being "closed" it's technically still open, since it's still unsolved.

So I purchased an item on 1 April 2021, and the seller had it shipped out the following day.

The item had shipped from a different country, so it had to go through Russian export customs over there on 4 June 2021, then US import customs over here on 5 May 2021. Then on 9 June 2021, the parcel was deemed LOST. 

Throughout that time, I have been keeping track of the parcel with the courier's online tracking service, which the courier doesn't update as often as they should. Between those long days of one major activity on the parcel, I have contacted the seller for a status update, since the parcel courier they used didn't update as frequently. There was even one point that I opened up a case for the item not arriving at the estimated/expected date, it was nearly a week later. When I had checked to find out that the parcel got lost somewhere in the US, it was past eBay's 20 day rule of inactivity, so they deemed the case "Solved" and therefore closed it.

The seller got their refund from the courier via PayPal, but I can't get resolve my end of this due to eBay's illogical rules, and the fact that I didn't use PayPal on my end.\

Also, the courier they shipped the parcel with was Boxberry. I'm surprised they didn't use DHL, UPS, or FedEx.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Who at eBay decided it was a grand idea to close an unsolved case after a set number of days?

@roostro 

Next time you have to ask eBay to step in. You can do that 3 business days after you started requesting a refund for an item not received.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

Maybe you can contact your payment company for help?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'll try contacting my credit union to see what they can do. I even had an order from two years ago that I still haven't gotten refunded for nor has it ever shipped.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply