cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to buy a card but seller (merchandiseliquidations ) has dozens of negative feedbacks.

Is this guy for real???  How come people bid when he has so many faulty items ...Look at his feedback

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Wanting to buy a card but seller (merchandiseliquidations ) has dozens of negative feedbacks.

@oz_in_ohio   I would find another seller.  Beware of deals that are too good to be true.  

I will only buy from a seller that has one or two negatives at the most.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

In the last year, that seller has received about a hundred negatives. But the seller has also received about 32,000 positives in the same time frame. That works out to a 99.6% feedback ratio, which is not bad at all for a liquidator.

Still, if you think there is a pattern to the negative feedback that concerns you, it is best to seek another seller with a reputation you think is better. Or perhaps avoid buying from sellers with a reference to "liquidator" in the seller username, which indicates that the seller likely buys up excess stock in bulk at low cost from other sellers for a quick turnaround.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Here is a deal which falls into that catagory of being too good to be true...It is item number 133811938262

and there is $2,200 worth of mint stamps selling for less than $400.00... Would you stay clear of that??

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio 

If someone offers to sell you a $20 bill for $5, you should ask yourself exactly why the seller wants to do that.

If you are looking to buy real stamps or postage, buy from a reputable dealer.

If you are specifically looking to purchase counterfeit stamps, there are much cheaper sources out there.

https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamps-postal-history/quality-of-modern-counterfeit-u.s.-stamps-keeps-...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Like you, i stay clear of things that are too good to be true..... However many years ago, i attended a stamp and coin show with my late dad.... We went in there and like all collectors, i was looking to fill some holes i needed for my collection....There was a dealer with a couple of cabinets with the choice end items in it....However there was a $10.00 banknote with the corner torn off the right top side..... Technically it is a damaged item but i looked at dad and said i could go to the bank and recover $10.00 for it...The price on it was $8.00 and it was just gone lunchtime so it had been there for half the day.... I said to the dealer i will have that note... As you see i had just earnt 20% on my money in a minute...Multiply that out per day and then by the hour , week , then by the month and then by the year and see what you come to. EG  i had earnt 20% by buying it.... Then times that by 60 and that comes to 240% per minute.... Then times again by 60 for the hour, then times 24 for the day and so on... Many people had said to him that they wont buy it becaus it is damaged... This is one example of things are too good to be true... 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply