cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Violation Appeal

I listed an item that was later rejected for violation of adult policy.  The item doesn't contain any nudity or anything that I think would be adult suggestive.  I have tried to get a better understanding of the adult policy but I keep getting told by eBay reps that I need to review the policy.  I have asked to appeal the violation but I am told there is no appeal process.  I have taken photos of the contents to submit.  What options do I have?  This has become a very stressful situation for me.  In need of guidance please.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Violation Appeal

@topcat008 

I understand how you feel. I am a seller, just like you.

My experience is that eBay will ban an entire category of items (example all Notti & Nyce, or all Hustler) etc when some of the items violate the policy. (I've advised sellers before with Notti & Nyce items that were taken down.)

So your magazine/comic may not specifically violate, but eBay doesn't have (or take) the time to review each issue of every potentially problematic item.

So yes, it's frustrating that there really isn't an effective appeal. 

Most of us have had items taken down in the past, that don't really violate the [fill in the blank] policy, but it isn't worth the fight or hassle.

As a practical matter, (same advice I would tell my best friend), I advise you sell it elsewhere.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Violation Appeal

@topcat008 

What is the title of the item?

What category did you list it in?

Without knowing these facts I would only be guessing.

eBay member 26 years

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Violation Appeal

Sorry about that.  1st time posting to forum and not sure what to include.

Item Name: Notti & Nyce Cosplay Gallery 

Category:  Collectibles > Comic Books & Memorabilia > Comics > Comics & Graphic Novels

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Violation Appeal

I suspect it's that Notti & Nyce is often pulled down. And I think this it's based on the contents of the comic.

Adult magazines, books, and comics that contain nudity are allowed only if they don't contain sexual activity and if no images of nudity are showing in the listing.

It doesn't matter if it is a drawing, if it shows sexual activity in the pages, it's not allowed even if that is not showing in the listing.

Here's a webpage where you can learn more:
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/adult-items-policy?id=4278

Prohibited adult items are here: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-adult-items-policy?id=5055

Does that help? I would just list it on another marketplace.

eBay member 26 years

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Violation Appeal

I appreciate the reply and I have read and re-read the policy.  I have looked through the book looking for whatever may be considered sexual activity and I can't find it.  All images the characters are clothed in a themed Cosplay outfit and no nudity, not even a nipple slip.  The only image that I see is of one character with a hand raised and a redish blush on a buttock cheek to show she had been slapped there but that is it.  I've seen more suggestive images in sports illustrated.  

I guess what I'm most irritated about is there is no recourse.  I keep asking the same question and I'm told to read the policy.  I read the policy and list an item that doesn't go against the adult policy.  I even search if others have the same item listed for weeks.  I post it and then have it rejected for violation of the adult policy. I'm just confused.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Violation Appeal

@topcat008 

I understand how you feel. I am a seller, just like you.

My experience is that eBay will ban an entire category of items (example all Notti & Nyce, or all Hustler) etc when some of the items violate the policy. (I've advised sellers before with Notti & Nyce items that were taken down.)

So your magazine/comic may not specifically violate, but eBay doesn't have (or take) the time to review each issue of every potentially problematic item.

So yes, it's frustrating that there really isn't an effective appeal. 

Most of us have had items taken down in the past, that don't really violate the [fill in the blank] policy, but it isn't worth the fight or hassle.

As a practical matter, (same advice I would tell my best friend), I advise you sell it elsewhere.

eBay member 26 years

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Violation Appeal

Thank you for your assistance and advice.  It is frustrating but now I understand.  I'm just going to let this go.  Serve out my time and try not to violate in the future.  I'm rehabilitated.  😎

Message 7 of 7
latest reply