cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Bid

I'm selling an item to lower 48 states. Someone in Mexico bid on the item and sent 2nd message with sisters address in Dallas, Texas. My reply to his first message was not to bid because he lived in Mexico. He isn't listening. What are my options?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unwanted Bid

If he purchases and pays with the USA address and ebay says ok to ship, you ship.   If he does not do this, you can cancel the transaction for an address problem since you do not ship to Mexico.

You are also free to just cancel his bid and block him, if it looks like it's going to be a problem.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Unwanted Bid

You can cancel the bid before the auction ends for any reason.  However it is perfectly legitimate for someone in a country you don't ship to to have it shipped to someone where you do ship to;  your responsibility ends when the item is delivered as described to the shipping address you are given at checkout--any forwarding from there voids the Money Back Guarantee.  You will be charged a higher fee for processing payments originating outside the US, so that is a better reason to cancel the bid than worrying about shipping to Texas.

You have NOT restricted shipping of the Sansui to the "lower 48".  You have not set up exclusions for AK, HI, PR and other insular territories.  Saying otherwise in the description means nothing.  Also you have no control over sales taxes, eBay handles that for all states with sales tax except Missiouri, including Florida.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply