cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS lost package for month.Claim they found

How does UPS lose package for a whole month that I paid almost 400 for and then say they find it a whole month later as I noticed on tracking it says it was found and I didn't get any updates on finding it.I just noticed later and it said l missed package once again as last time a month ago it said I missed delivery  never heard but one time with a tiny knock but missed it and there was a note saying they well try again but says on tracking I missed again and my chair is right next to the door didn't hear any door knock and I called UPS he said we well deliver it again and around 10am I look down at my tracking and it said I missed it again and no knock again and later tracking said they dropped it off at this drop off place I then called and a guy told me it wasn't there then I went there to see if it returned and again its not there and this place is a dump and theres even a UPS Store right next to it and im confused and rather upset Am I being played by the seller? What would be the first thing I should do if that box does show up tomorrow?I have to sign for it but im thinking I should make video with cellphone of me opening or am I just being paranoid?Its been along time and truthfully I never felt the seller reasured me in anyway Yet he did reply back when I wrote him quite a few times and he does have good ratings reviews.I don't know its just I don't always spend that kind of money online exept for a used Xbox series x that i bought maybe 5 month back and I had no problems there.Does this sound odd or something that could happen?am I just worrying more then I should or is someone trying to actually rip me off?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

UPS lost package for month.Claim they found

@oneormore.sales wrote:

How does UPS lose package for a whole month ...

A small package can fall off the conveyor and may take a long time when find. My packages are lost when the handler decides it could be damaged on the conveyor and sets it aside. Then I call the center and ask them to look under desks and in the corners and they usually find it.

A label may be damaged in the conveyor, so the item would be sent to the lost item center where someone would manually try to correct the address and relabel the item, or the package may be opened in search of an address (I usually put a packing list inside the package).

A truck could be hit by a train and it may take some time to sort it out.

@oneormore.sales wrote:

I missed delivery  never heard but one time with a tiny knock but missed it and there was a note saying they well try again...

Apparently signature confirmation is required, otherwise they would just leave it at your door. If your location is safe, you can sign a receipt allowing them leave it, or you can request it be held at the nearest UPS store:

https://bizfluent.com/12079521/how-to-get-a-ups-signature-required-package-delivered-if-nobodys-home

A UPS Store is a privately operated franchise operation, and is separate from UPS counter services.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply