cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO return request

I recently sold a new in box unopened TIVO Premiere Series 4. Buyer is requesting refund and also expecting me to pay for return shipping because he said he set it up and it would not accept due to TIVO does not support it anymore. I am unclear what this means and could possibly be user error, probably with connecting to his wifi etc.

I did go to the TIVO site and they did stop live tech support unfortunately for this model in Nov, 2021.

I am fine to accept the return even though it has lost value by him opening it, but don't think i should have to eat the return shipping. ANy suggestions on best way to respond to this buyer professionally ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

TIVO return request

@thehappyvirginian  Sorry, but you need to pay return shipping and take it back.   If the buyer files a refund request saying that the item is not as described then you need to accept the return and issue the return shipping label.  

The eBay Money Back Guarantee overrules your returns policy.   Your return policy only applies if the buyer files a buyer's remorse return:  Doesn't fit, changed mind, etc.  

If you do not accept the return willingly then the buyer can ask eBay to step in and forces a refund. You do not get your seller's fees back, you get a defect and the buyer may be allowed to keep the item.

If the buyer abuses the eBay MBG in some way then you can report them but it doesn't get your money back:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/report-issue-buyer?id=4084&st=12&pos=3&quer...

Sellers have protection for return abuse if they offer FREE RETURN shipping on their listings OR if they are a Top Rated seller and offer 30 days or greater returns.  The seller can then reduce the refund amount by up to 50% if the buyer sends a different item or somehow reduces the value of the item.

Seller protection: 
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345&st=12&pos=4&query=Sel...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

TIVO return request

Am i obligated to refund the original shipping cost he paid also?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

TIVO return request

@thehappyvirginian.  You did have free returns on the listing. 

You could reduce the refund amount by up to 50% if the buyer somehow reduced the value of the item.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply