cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Name change last October but old name still showing in HTTPS:

Hello in October 2023 we changed our store name.  I went to create a link to our store this past week and noticed eBay still has the old name in the browser.  If I create the link  with old store I get the error says store doesn't exist.  If I try with the new name same thing.  I have tried to get a hold of some technical help but can't seem to get any help.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this fixed?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@estatesailors_2 

There is no fix - your store will always retain the original store name in the web address.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you Wooden Flower does that mean I can not put in my description click on link to see my other items?

If not do I use the original store name or the new one?  Both come up as store not found

Again thank you for your response

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@estatesailors_2 

When I use https://www.ebay.com/str/tonilynnecloset It takes me right to your current store.

When I view one of your items and click see seller’s other items, I get the usual search page of your items. When I click the blue door icon on your feedback page, it takes me to your store.

What is the new name of your store?  I would expect to find the new name if you are using the advanced search to find your store. But - there are known problems with the store name search.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply