cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling in the United states

Hi all,

I am currently selling on ebay.com.au and want to start selling on ebay.com.

I logged in ebay.com with my .au account, but i noticed all the prices are in AUD. Is it possible to display everything in USD instead of AUD?

It just makes it much easier to deal with the local currency than have the prices fluctuate based on the exchange rate. Also, am i right to say the store subscription from .com.au do not carry over to .com?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@luxmise   Since you are located in Australia the best thing to do is to offer shipping to the US on your listing then your items will show on the US site.  

The buyer will see the estimated price in US $ ...yes the exchange rate fluctuates and there is no getting around that.  

There is an international sales fee:  

International sales fee

If your registered address is in Australia, you pay an international sales fee when the delivery location for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside Australia.

This fee is calculated as 1.1% (incl. GST) of the total sale amount (including postage and handling, and any tax or other applicable fees) and is automatically deducted from your sales proceeds.

AND 

Seller currency conversion charge

When you create listings or sell items on an international eBay site, eBay may convert your funds to a different currency in order to collect amounts owed by you to eBay, or to payout funds due to you.

For example, if your registered address is in Australia and you create a listing on eBay.de for which fees are due (such as insertion and/or optional listing upgrade fees), eBay will convert your funds from AUD to EUR using the transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of listing, in order to collect these fees. When the item sells on eBay.de, eBay will calculate your payout amount by converting the sales proceeds from EUR to AUD using the transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of the sale.

If eBay converts your funds, the conversion will be completed at the transaction exchange rate we set for the relevant currency exchange. eBay's transaction exchange rate is composed of a base exchange rate plus a conversion charge. The conversion charge is a fixed percentage applied to the base exchange rate and retained by eBay. The base exchange rate reflects rates within the wholesale currency markets applicable to the currency pairing on the day of the conversion, or the prior business day. If exchange rates are set by law or regulation, the base exchange rate reflects the government reference rates.

If your registered address is in Australia, the seller currency conversion charge applied and retained by eBay is 3% (excl. GST). If your registered address is not in Australia, please refer to the fee page for your country or region of residence for your seller currency conversion charge information.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/ebay-stores-selling-fees?id=5304&st=3&pos...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. To save on shipping costs, I am planning to import and store inventory directly in the US. So given I'll have a registered address in the US, would I be charged the international fee? 

As my storage cost and freight costs will all be in USD, it doesn't make sense for me to have to convert everything back into AUD. What I'm trying to achieve is to sell and be charged in USD, funds can be sent to an USD account.

To achieve this, is my only choice to set up a new eBay.com account with a new email? I originally want to keep using my ebay.com.au account so I can keep my reviews etc.

please advise, much appreciated!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply