cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Account Hacked

Hi Guys,

I'm from South Africa and relatively new to eBay and hoping someone could advise what I should do regarding the following issue,

About two weeks ago I bought two laptops from a credible seller,based on past sales and ratings to date. Completed payment via PayPal immediately after check out and after browsing around for a few hours I decided to email the seller to confirm receipt of payment and got no response. Just as I was about to call it a day I received a message from eBay saying "We've noticed on our records that you attempted to contact this seller and want to advise you against any contact or transactions as the seller reported his account as hacked" then they went on saying that if you made any recent payments to this account we advise you to immediately contact your Financial institute to stop this payment" . I obviously almost **bleep**ped myself,instant stress mode,went onto PayPal,searched high and low for anything related to instant payment cancellation of which I found none. Then selected the closest option to my issue "unauthorized payment on my account" thinking that the issue would be self explanatory as I copied the email I got from eBay into the reasoning. WELL, a few days later PayPal responded stating my claim was found to not fit the criteria and the case was closed with no option to file a dispute. Went on to eBay to try and resolve through them, first thing I noticed was the "alert" on the order that changed to advising me to follow the normal dispute process for not receiving my parcel and when attempting to do so it says that PayPal has indicated that a case has already been filled for unauthorized payment. Not sure what to do now and would appreciate any advise,Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)