cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller question about getting reimbursed for an item that arrived after a buyer made a claim

Hello all. I mailed out an item and a buyer opened up a claim for it not arriving. My post office tracking showed that it was in transit (I did send it within the required number of days) but it was an unreasonable amount of time, so I don't blame the buyer for doing that. They however ended up receiving it a couple days later and even left me nice feedback. My question is; eBay reimbursed their money and yet they received the item. Do I have any recourse to get my money back from either eBay or the buyer, as I'm know out the item cost and the postage fees. Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller question about getting reimbursed for an item that arrived after a buyer made a claim

Message the buyer and ask if they want to return the item (you will send a return label) or repay the refund you provided.

Be nice, the buyer does not have to cooperate.  Humor can help.  Subtly make it clear that you provided the refund, not eBay.  If they agree to repay the refund, you can agree on a method outside of eBay - PayPal, Zelle, Venmo - if they are ok with that.  OR you can create a listing for them to purchase - set it up as a service so that no shipping is required.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply