Scroll photos

It won’t let me scroll photos in the listing

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Scroll photos

@french5and0 

Well, then you may just have to use the Chrome browser to operate your eBay on that iPad.

You can check the iPad OS version by going to Settings, (the gear clockwork icon) then go to "General" and then "About".

That will tell you what iPad you have, and what iOS version you are running.  The latest iOS is 17.4.1. (as of the time of this post)  I have an iPhone 10R with that, and it works fine there.

I want to add.  I tested this on my iPad that I use for the shop.  Its running iOS ver 16.7.7.  I was able to log into eBay on Safari and navigate, scroll, etc just fine.  No issues.

I took this even a step farther and tried my old iPhone 6s.  Its running iOS 15.8.2.  Also runs eBay just fine on Safari.  So...  If your iPad is older than that, it may be an issue, or there is something wrong with Safari on that iPad. 

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Scroll photos

@french5and0 

Is this an active listing? If so, if you give me the eBay Item Number for the listing, I can look at it and provide some advice.

If this is a draft listing and you are looking at "Preview", the photos are static in preview.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

It’s an active listing-224009551147

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

The photos scroll for me. What happens when you try to scroll?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224009551147

You may want to try closing your browser and reopening, or clearing your cache.

(great photos!)

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

It doesn’t move.  When I click on your link for it, it goes to Chrome and it works on there.  It stopped on my IPad Safari.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

I did those two things and it didn’t change

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

@french5and0 

This is on your iPad?

Then you need to close up all the open tabs for your apps and webpages.  To do that, double tap the home button or swipe up and hold till the apps show up.  Then swipe them all closed. Then power down and restart the iPad.

Then try again.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

O. K.  did that.  Still not working.  This isn’t something I am selling.  Also, other listing are the same.  I can’t scroll, add to cart, add to watch list.  But I can see seller’s other items, contact seller.

•  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

@french5and0 

Okay.

Couple things I just want to verify:

You are using an iPad.  You are using Safari.  The site doesn't want to scroll and do some things on Safari, but you did mention it seemed to work fine on Chrome at one point.

Are you running the latest iOS 17 with latest updates, especially for Safari?  If I'm correct, it may be that you may have to use Chrome in order for the site to work properly because the Safari is outdated or having some sort of issue with eBay.

Again, I'm making some guesses here, and since anyone that may post might have all kinds of different hardware, versions, whatever, there can be things that may cause the site to not work properly.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

I talked to EBay and they said that if it works on Chrome, then it has nothing to do with them.  Yes it’s Safari on IPad.  I don’t know what version it is.  It’s weird, was working fine.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

@french5and0 

Well, then you may just have to use the Chrome browser to operate your eBay on that iPad.

You can check the iPad OS version by going to Settings, (the gear clockwork icon) then go to "General" and then "About".

That will tell you what iPad you have, and what iOS version you are running.  The latest iOS is 17.4.1. (as of the time of this post)  I have an iPhone 10R with that, and it works fine there.

I want to add.  I tested this on my iPad that I use for the shop.  Its running iOS ver 16.7.7.  I was able to log into eBay on Safari and navigate, scroll, etc just fine.  No issues.

I took this even a step farther and tried my old iPhone 6s.  Its running iOS 15.8.2.  Also runs eBay just fine on Safari.  So...  If your iPad is older than that, it may be an issue, or there is something wrong with Safari on that iPad. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. Our technical team is currently working on getting this resolved. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Scroll photos

It’s working now!  Thanks for all your help.  eBay came on to this forum and I guess they fixed it.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply