cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigged Math Game on Seller Defect Rate

Last December due to a confluence of events I had several lost and several broken items that were sold. So I get the threatening email about how I could be thrown off eBay. And then since I am a small time seller (been selling on eBay for 25 years) I get to 'improve' my average by using ALL of the past year transactions to compute my failure rate. All that does is 'keep' a past mess from December for a year. I don't sell but a half dozen items a month. Mathematically that is not enough to raise my percents to eBay's level. So here I am in late March with another threatening email about my percentage defect rate when I have had over a dozen successful sales in the past three months with no problems. It is just not enough to raise the percentage to their level. Yet, I have done fine for 3 months. So why do they not look at what has happened in the past 3 months?0

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Rigged Math Game on Seller Defect Rate

@sparetime2 

They do use 3 months for some measurements, but unfortunately, not for cancelled orders.

It isn't going to change, so all you can do is try to work with what they give us.

Can you think of a small inexpensive item you could sell a bunch of quickly?  Even if you sold them at a loss, it might be worth it to get out from under the higher fees. This is how many sellers get back to above standard.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply