cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return dispute question

I was selling an item, so I looked up comps before listing. Just because I viewed the item, eBay must have labeled me as a "watcher" even though I didn't opt to watch the item. The seller sent me an offer to buy the item. (Which I obviously don't want since I am selling the same item)

All I saw was "You have an Offer!" and I clicked "accept". Within seconds, I realized I had accepted an offer to PURCHASE the item, not SELL the item. I immediately asked for cancellation and explained. 

The seller called me names and demanded payment. He formally declined cancellation with eBay by reason of "It has already been shipped" (impossible in 2 seconds of me buying) Then he started going to MY listings and sending snarky messages like "Im gonna buy this then cancel - cool with you?" (jerk) He said "You must be new here you stup...." BTW, I've done eBay for 22 years and made a simple mistake. 

I reported to eBay and they say they will take action against him, if necessary, but resolution is private from me. Meanwhile this stupid item remains in my shopping cart and keeps reminding me to pay. 

NOW WHAT? Ug. Is there a way to make my cancellation go through? 

Why does eBay mark me as interested in every item I view?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Return dispute question

Only the seller can cancel an order and it looks like this seller will not do that. After four days the seller can (and probably will) cancel the order with the reason that the buyer did not pay. That will give you an unpaid item strike on your account. One is no big deal, but get two in a year and many sellers will not allow you to purchase.

I'm guessing this seller does not accept returns? If they do, you could always pay for the item and then return it.

Things like this are why many sellers maintain separate accounts for buying and selling. I highly recommend doing that.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Return dispute question

Thank you - I will make a separate account for buying. I think this would have happened anyway because I was under the impression it was a person buying my item. 

If eBay thought action was needed toward the seller, I wish they would cancel my order as a result. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Return dispute question

You can contact eBay, but I doubt they will cancel the order. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

You can contact eBay Customer Support by following this link to the bottom and select "agent" to have them call you or you can use live chat:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

You can also reach them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/
You can also reach them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 4 of 4
latest reply