cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ohio sales tax

In Ohio,  the tax law is, that if you buy anything for resale (sell on ebay and ebay collects the tax) then we are sale tax exempt.  But we must fill out the tax exempt form where we purchase our items at. Other states mat have the same law.  I had a business where I charged sales tax. Someone must have complained to the tax  department and they sent me a letter stating what the law was. "I could not charge tax to someone that is buying for resale if they fill out the tax exempt form and I had to keep that form on file."  Sales tax  Ohio  Tax Bulletin ST-240

I also sell in Heart of Ohio Antique Mall and they collect the sales tax so my purchases for there is tax exempt as well as Ebay.

Let ebay figure this one out,LOL.

View Entire Topic

@montlee   

Good news...ebay has added the ability to provide a tax exempt certificate.  

Buyer Exemption Program - register for sales tax exemption on your eBay purchases

If you are a tax-exempt buyer (e.g., charitable entity, reseller, etc.), we have a buyer exemption system that allows you to submit tax exemption certificates to eBay and make purchases without paying tax.

In order to verify tax exemptions applicable to your business for purchases on eBay, you must share a valid exemption certificate (acceptable file formats are .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .pdf, and .png), that you can submit via this Document Upload Link. Please select "General Information" in the drop down menu.

Please include the following information in the Comments section:

• Full Name
  • Business Name
  • eBay ID

Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.

Alternatively, you may be able to get a credit for sales tax paid to eBay directly from your state. However, you should consult a tax advisor or contact the department of revenue for your state for further details as policies are different for each state.

See details and FAQs on paying tax on internet purchases.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-tax-ebay-purchases?id=4771&st=2&pos=4&query=Pay...