cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Shipping

Why are some sellers saying they shipped your item on the drop down menu when its days and tracking shows the item is not received from postoffice, Im a seller if your going to print the label, why wait days and days to mail it, just print the label the day your going to ship because the buyer is assuming the product is actually shipped not sitting at your home or office, correct me if Im wrong about this.

View Entire Topic

My guess?  The seller does not want a defect recorded on his/her account for late shipping.  Too many defects and the seller can be restricted or suspended.

Unfortunately, ebay's message is that the item shipped, when only a label is printed.  I have suggested to ebay, during their Wednesday chats, that the message should state that the item will ship on mm/dd/yy since sellers have to specify a shipping date (which can be no more than 3 days out).  I don't know how sellers can ship a week late when the post office is not supposed to accept a stale dated package.

Why not join today's chat and make the same suggestion?  When I asked, they said they would consider it!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat

Hmm....might not be a chat today....