cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback ethics

Despite 16 years on the platform and in excess of 6.000 transactions there is something which has been nagging me for a while.

I usually leave a fairly standard comment when it comes to run of the mill, new, standard items such as books, music, dvds purchases where everything went as it should, nothing less nothing more.

I try to do this in the seller's language where I can.

Then come those sellers I've been buying from for several years and depending on the frequency I will adapt my comment.

How about those sellers whose items may be customised, or are beyond expectations?

I've often read feedback should reflect on how the seller performed, not on the item itself, but why not?

Why wouldn't I praise the quality of what I received?

After all if I buy something declared new or in excellent or even just good or very good condition and it isn't anything even remotely so I'm supposed to warn other potential buyers, so why not when things end up being on the opposite side of the spectrum?

View Entire Topic

Hi.  Nothing is preventing you on praising the product when you post feedbacks.   Just include it along with comments about the transaction.  I mostly sell now but still buy.   I generally post something like great item, well packaged, fast shipping.   That is my standard reply.   But when someone goes out of the way to make it a better overall transaction including something about the item I often may add to the standard. 

My buyers often praise my items spefically as nearly everything I sell I custom make.   So I recieve many comments directly about the item they purchased.   It is part of the overall transaction.

Do not worry about adding praise about the item as ebay does not care and does not read feedbacks anyway unless the person recieving the feedback complains.  Who is going to complain about praise in a positive feedback? 

Good luck,  Jim