cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porch Pirates Stole Buyer's Package

Item was delivered and the buyer has informed me that his package was stolen by a porch pirate before he got home. Has anyone ever had to deal with this and if so how do we handle this on eBay. I don't want to be out my money either. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@2manykidsintheshoe   This is a tough situation.   Your job as a seller is done.  You shipped to the address the buyer provided at checkout. 

Advise the buyer that you are sorry but it's the buyers responsibility to have a safe place for delivery.   This is a matter for the police and their homeowners or renters insurance. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@2manykidsintheshoe   This is a tough situation.   Your job as a seller is done.  You shipped to the address the buyer provided at checkout. 

Advise the buyer that you are sorry but it's the buyers responsibility to have a safe place for delivery.   This is a matter for the police and their homeowners or renters insurance. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you! I actually found other people here in the community that have had the same issue and that's what they were saying to do. I really appreciate your feedback.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply