cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy infraction

My 1957 Lincoln wheat cent was pulled just as it was being sold for a very cheap Price. But the price you pay going for the action on ebay. Ok sorry!! Anyways . So this is second time this has happened and with no explanation. And I've chatted with agents and got the ruñ around until they finally either 

Answered or gave me a supervisor 

They ended  the chat thre3 times. Why can't I get the real reason their pulling my coins just as there being sold..  they say only way is to have them graded I can't afford to get them graded that's why I'm here and not at a auction house .

They say it's for my protection as well as the buyer. This is all B.S . Can anyone please help if you can THANK YOU for your time.. SINCERLY Mike Williams 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Policy infraction

With the little you have posted, I can only guess at this…

You have another 1944 wheat penny listed. In amongst the awful generated “AI” prose, you (or the AI?) state that the coin is uncirculated.

I am not a coin collector, but I understand uncirculated to mean a coin that has never been in circulation. I looked this up to be sure.

Your coin shows obvious signs of circulation, as your photos show many (many) nicks and gouges that would not be present on an uncirculated coin.

It may be that your coins are being reported by other collectors for this reason if this mistake is a common one among your listings.

Enough reports from multiple user may result in items being removed.

Once a seller has had listings pulled, the seller’s current and future listings are more closely scrutinized.

From what you have stated, eBay’s message seems to say something about grading. This may be due to the above, or perhaps you are in a category or subcategory that requires grading to list?

In other words, are you placing circulated coins into a category where only graded, uncirculated coins are to be listed? This would be a policy infraction.

Honestly, it is tough to know for sure without seeing all the emails you have received with eBay’s exact wording.

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 2 of 2
latest reply