cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout hold

My item was shipped. I took a video that proves the items conditions. It was packaged properly and delivered with no issues. My funds are being held for 30 days because the item cost over 750$ they did not mention this. Now the buyer of the product is happy with it yet they still won't pay me. I have a family to feed and bills to pay. How do I get them to release my funds?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Payout hold

@shafo_97   I know that payment holds are not fun for any seller, however there are mentioned in the fine print when you select the I agree to terms to start selling.  

You need to use tracking on delivery or the funds are held for up to 30 days.    Also when the sale totals $750 or more you need a signature on delivery.  

If the sale, with tax and shipping, totals $1k or more than eBay holds the funds for 30 days for all sellers. 

"High priced items or unusual selling patterns may lead to transaction holds for up to 30 days to help us ensure that buyers don't have any issues with the order"  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&s...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Payout hold

You can't.

Being a new seller and it sold for more then $1000, they'll hold the funds for the full 30 days.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Payout hold

So they take a decent fee out of what I sold my item for and hold my money and collect more than the fee they took for themselves on the interest.  Crooks.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply