cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying For Buy It Now Items

I have been on ebay a long time. I have never had any issues with purchasing a Buy It Now item; and I get different answers from ebay so I do not know what is going on. The last thing I was told is that the seller has to adjust their settings.  On Buy It Now or bidding/auction listings, many sellers state that "payment is required in 3 days, or  5 days, etc", for example.  Unless the Buy It Now requires immediate payment, there is some time to pay for it. Normally, I have always paid shortly after clicking on Buy It Now after I was finishing looking at listings. After clicking Buy It Now, the screen would come up saying "you confirm that you want to buy this, or you commit to buy it" and then I would click on that box; and the item would go to my purchase history, pending payment which means no one else could buy it.  It started several months ago with ALL Buy It Now items; after clicking on Buy It Now it goes straight to Paypal to pay. The issue is, often I am NOT done looking at items from that seller, so if I find another item, it goes to Paypal on each individual item to pay separately.  Yes, I can add the items to the cart, but the cart does not help if while I am looking at other listings, someone else in the meantime, can simply purchase an item that I put in my cart. I purchase from one of my sellers often, and this problem has never happened before; I always could click Buy It Now, then confirm, and the item(s) went to my purchase history. The seller checked their settings and said it is set correctly, it is not set for immediate payment required.  Different items have different shipping costs and other factors so it does not make any sense for it to go to paypal on each item causing more than one transaction. Any information to help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)