cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My impressions and page views have plummeted for no reason -- WHY?

I've been selling on eBay for nearly 4 years. I sell maybe 50-60 items per day on average. I have recently seen a steep decline in my overall sales. 
I have also recently added a lot of new inventory, lowered prices across the board, increase my bulk discounts -- all things that typically create a huge lift in impressions and page views. Especially doing all these things combined.  

But... instead I'm continuing to see a HUGE decline in both Impressions and Page Views.
The drop-off began around Feb 22 for no reason of mine.
And the drop-off continues. This month (where I'm selling new inventory at lowered prices) I'm experiencing a 37.9% decline in Impressions the last 30 days and 69.2% decline in Page Views the last 30 days. It gets a bit better the farther I go back, but still massive declines beginning around Feb 22.

I'm also a Top Rated seller with a 99.4% rating, which has been the same for years.

Does anyone have any explanation on what's going on here?
Why do I feel like I've been severely penalized for no reason by eBay? Anything I can do?
This is super frurstrating and no explanation on why.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

My impressions and page views have plummeted for no reason -- WHY?

The massive decline and traffic and page views continues.
Still no reason. I've spoken with eBay support and they're zero help and just try and push me to pay additional money for paid sponsorships -- which are absolutely not worth it for selling movies with such a small margin to begin with.

Disappointing to post here and ask for any advice from mentors and get nothing but crickets.
I've been grinding for 4 years, steadily increasing my business over this period with blood, sweat and tears... only to have my traffic decline nearly 70% for absolutely no reason, which is causing my sales to decline more than 40%. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply