cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing eBay Data

Why can't I find any online information about the orders that I placed on eBay in 2015? More to the point, why can't I find the two orders that I placed on the same day around September 21, 2015? The two-item order was for a vintage stereo, a JVC RC-M50JW (sold by an eBay seller in the Los Angeles area of California) and a clip-fastened shortwave antenna (sold by an antenna hobbyist in, I think, Kansas). Both items arrived, alright (the smaller, cheaper and nearer item -- the antenna -- arriving some days sooner). But I now can't find any of the online data that I assumed eBay permanently stores in one's user account. (By the way, I posted a long message here in September 2015 about problems trying to contact the seller before I took a chance and ordered the item as an eBay guest. Uh, that wouldn't be the reason why ...?)

I am having problems with the vintage stereo: its tape deck hasn't worked properly since I received it, despite the seller's assurances that he tests the tape decks and other parts of all the (typically vintage) audio equipment that he sells and now, ironically after months in a well-reputed repair shop, the tape deck doesn't work at all. The shortwave antenna seems to work well (relative, of course, to the quality of the tuner or receiver being used, the location of the antenna, one's tuning skills, the time of day or night when one is DX'ing, etc.), but the vintage stereo, despite the yesteryear quality implied by its reassuring, old-school heft, has not played audiocassettes properly (or at all) since I got my hands on the thing (it has a working radio tuner and so on, but no working tape deck).

Early this morning, while composing a message on a boombox fan website, I tried to log into my eBay account to find the several photographs taken of the JVC by the seller for the webpage that he sold the stereo on. I could access the webpage with no problem for a while after placing the order and after receiving the stereo, but that has apparently, frustratingly changed in recent times. I have only two printed-out photos of the item (which I printed while waiting for the stereo to arrive by postal service). Repeated attempts to change the tape-deck belt (something frequently done by collectors, even if the boombox is a very rare "new old stock" item) have been to no avail. Anyway, my problem here on the eBay website is the lack of accessible details about any 2015 orders of mine (which, as far as I can remember, were only the two radio-related items mentioned above). Orders from 2014 (probably my first year ordering on eBay) and orders this year are showing up in the data columns and data rows. But not the order for the JVC RC-M50JW or for the shortwave antenna. How do I remedy this? Do I try contacting the seller and try asking him to pretty please e-mail me the photos of the JVC that he sold me (or, at any rate, e-mail me a UR link)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)